Can I Change My Medicare Advantage Plan?

You must have a qualifying enrollment period or a Special Enrollment Period to join or switch or drop your Medicare Advantage plan. The three main enrollment period are as follows: Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) - When you first become eligible for Medicare, you have a 7-month window to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan. This window is 3 months before your Part A and B effective date, the month of, and 3 months after the effective date.

What will happen when you call me?

Call Flow Verify Medicare A and B effective dates - This is done within the first 5 minutes to determine if you qualify for a Medicare Advantage plan. Unlike a supplement, you must have both Medicare Parts A and B to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan. This saves us time in our process to help you find the best plan in your area while ensuring that we are efficient with your time. Verify Zipcode

What if I am retired from the military?

Firstly, our Senior Healthcare Advisors team would like to salute and thank you deeply for your service. If you or your spouse are retired from the military and under 65, you and your family are eligible for TRICARE. Once you or your spouse reaches the age of 65, you are eligible for Medicare and Tricare for Life. If you receive TRICARE for Life, you must also enroll in Medicare Parts A and B. Once you are

What is extra help?

Low-Income Subsidy or Extra Help is a program that helps low-income Medicare beneficiaries with the cost of prescription drugs. Extra Help pays any premium, deductible, or coinsurance that is associated with Medicare prescription drug coverage. Qualification for extra help is based on a low income.

What if I lost my Medicaid?

If you lose your Medicaid, before or after enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan, it provides you with an opportunity to get other coverage. The new coverage will not afford you complete coverage from cost-sharing like you are used to when you had full Medicaid, but many of the Advantage Plans will still provide you with some additional benefits without having Medicaid. Some plans will still offer Medicare Advantage benefits like hearing aids, preventive and comprehensive dental services, vision services,

Will I lose my Medicare Part A and B when I get an Advantage Plan?

No. You must have both Medicare Parts A and B effective (active), at the time you are approved for a Medicare Advantage plan. To keep having your medicare advantage plan, you must continue to maintain having Medicare Parts A and B. If at any point you lose your Part A and/or Part B benefits, you will no longer be eligible for a Medicare Advantage plan and may be disenrolled from the plan.

Will I lose my Medicaid when I get an Advantage Plan?

A Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) eligibility is based on having both Medicaid and Medicare together. You must have both Medicare Part A and Part B and full Medicaid active at the time you are approved for the DSNP. You must also maintain your Medicaid level and your Original Medicare while enrolled in the DSNP. Therefore, a Dual Special Needs Plan will not cause you to lose Medicaid because you must have and maintain your Medicaid level to continue to

What if I have both Medicare and Medicaid?

When you have Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and full Medicaid, Medicare pays 80% of the medical services covered by Medicare and Medicaid pays the remaining 20%. If you have Original Medicare and Medicaid together, you are likely to have full coverage for your medical services. If you do, you have a unique opportunity to access additional benefits such as an over the counter spending allowance, a monthly healthy foods shopping allowance, home-delivered meals, home health care services, a

Can I Get the Medicare Part B Giveback?

The Medicare Giveback refers to your Medicare Part B monthly premium. The more traditional way in which to have this monthly premium paid for you is to learn how to qualify for Medicaid or Low Income Subsidy (Extra Help). Medicaid qualifications vary by state and are determined by your income level. Your monthly Part B premium may be paid on your behalf depending on the level of Medicaid and Extra Help that you receive. The Medicare Part

Do I Get Free Meals With My Medicare Advantage Plan?

Many Medicare Advantage plans provide a $0 copay home delivered meal service after an inpatient hospital or skilled nursing facility stay. These home-delivered meals are freshly prepared and nutritionally balanced and are usually delivered in increments of 3 meals per day for 14 days. Some plans offer less, while some plans offer more. It all depends on the Medicare Advantage plans that are available where you live. Our responsibility at Senior Healthcare Advisors is to assist you in navigating the